Wheat beer is beer that is brewed with a large proportion of wheat relative to the amount of malted barley; it is usually top-fermented.
- Method : BIAB
- Style : Wheat Beer
- Boil Time : 60 Mins
- Batch Size : 10 Ltr.
- Boil Size : 17.5 Ltr.
- Boil Gravity : 1.028 (Estimated)
- IBU : 20.26
- SRM : 5.3
- ABV : 5.6% (Estimated)
- Milling – Mill the malt to expose the white portion of malt without rupturing the outer husk (Cover).
- Hot water – Prepare 17.5 Ltr hot water of temperature 72.6 deg. Celsius
- Mashing – Take a pot and add prepared 12 Ltr hot water into it. Place mashing bag into the pot and add milled malt in the same. Need continuously stirring, maintain the temperature of mash at 67 deg Celsius for 90 Mins.
- Lautering – After 90 Mins pull the mash bag upward and try to extract more wort from it. Wash the mash by sparging remaining 5.5 Ltr of hot water at 72.6 Degree C.
- Boiling – Maintain the burner flame and boil the wort. Once the boiling started add 8 gms of hops and boil it for 60 min. at 50 Minutes of boil Add remaining 8 gms of hops. At the end of boil add 8 ML of SPINDASOL SB1. Stir well and let sediments settle for 10 Mins.
- Wort cooling – Cool the wort up to 20 to 25 deg. Celsius by using plate chiller.
- Add yeast – Sanitize fermenter and Transfer the cooled wort in fermenter or carboy, Add the yeast and shake the carboy or fermenter well. Fit the neck with airlock filled with 70% alcohol to avoid contamination.
- Fermentation – Keep the fermenter or carboy in dark and cool place maintaining temperature (at 17 deg.Celsius) or controlled refrigerator for 8 days . add 8 ML of SPINDASOL SB3 and let it ferment for 6 more days (either in primary fermenter or secondary fermenter ).
- Crash cooling – Crash cool the fermentation by decreasing the temperature at 4 deg Celsius for two days. sediments will settle down at the bottom of fermenter.
- Bottling & Carbonation – carbonate the beer by using priming method(amount of Sugar dissolved in boiled water should be calculated based on final gravity for the proper carbonation of the beer) and bottle it.
- NOTE: after boiling importance of sensitization is very important, infected beer can give off flavors or it can ruin your beer.
RECIPE KIT INCLUDES:
- Wheat Malt – 1 Kg.
- Pilsner Malt – 2 Kg.
- Perle Hops Pellets – 8 Gm.
- Safbrew WB-06 Yeast – 1 Pack
- Spindasol SB1 – 8 ML
- Spindasol SB3 – 8 ML