Scottish ales are generally dark, malty, full-bodied brews. Many examples have a hint of smokiness derived from the use of peated malt. 60, 70, and 80 shilling examples are all session ales under 5% abv, but the stronger “wee heavies” can range closer to 8%, with the accompanying increase in alcohol flavour and esters.
- Method : EXTRACT
- Style : Strong Scotch Ale
- Boil Time : 60 Mins
- Batch Size : 10 Ltr.
- Boil Size : 14 Ltr.
- Boil Gravity : 1.063 (Estimated)
- IBU : 92.51
- SRM : 11.99
- ABV : 8% (Estimated)
- Boil DME on 70 Degree temp with 14L Water, Add 28.58gm hops for 70 Mins.
- Add 20.96gm hops, boil for 40 Mins with 72.6 Degree temp.
- Add 20.96gm hops, boil for 15 Mins with 67 Degree temp.
- Cool down wort on 16-20 Degree temp and filter it.
- Transfer wort into formentation tank, pitch yeast and seal it with airlock.
- Fermentation on 12.5 to 25 Degree temp for 14 Days.
RECIPE KIT INCLUDES:
- DME – 2.5 Kg.
- Cascade Hops Pellets – 70.5 Gm.
- Safbrew T-58 Yeast – 1 Pack